WORST NIGHTMARE;Nottingham Forest star refuses to sign a new deal and is determined to leave the club

WORST NIGHTMARE;Nottingham Forest star refuses to sign a new deal and is determined to leave the club

Anthony Elanga has dominated the coverage since his incredible goal against Manchester United, but Nottingham Forest’s new plan for the winger is unexpected.

Elanga produced Usain Bolt-like pace to run the length of the City Ground pitch and score the game’s only goal on Tuesday night, besting his former club in the process.

Bizarrely, Ruben Amorim said Elanga couldn’t handle the pressure at United in a show of bitterness at the scoreline, with no signs of the Swedish winger faltering under the pressure of Forest’s Champions League push.

Elanga stepped up to be the main attacking threat for his side with Chris Wood injured, giving him a chance to prove his worth to the club, so much so that Evangelos Marinakis looks to be set to reward the 22-year-old.

Nottingham Forest set to offer Anthony Elanga a new contract

Newcastle have been desperate to sign Elanga since the summer as they eye a star player for the right side who could link up with fellow Swede, Alexander Isak. However, Elanga loves playing for Forest so that deal never looked too likely.

Now, according to the Daily Mail, any rumours surrounding Elanga’s future can be seemingly set aside as Marinakis is set to reward the winger’s top form.

The report said: “He [Elanga] speaks Swedish, English, French and Spanish and is so central to the dynamic Nuno Espirito Santo has created that Forest never considered bids from Newcastle for him last summer or earlier this year, even when they reached £50m.

“A new contract will be offered in the coming months, even though Elanga’s deal still has three years to run.”

Rio Ferdinand expects Elanga to get even better so it’s clearly the right call to attempt to keep him in the Forest squad long-term.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*